32 Weeks

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Week 32


How far along:
32 weeks, and feeling more like 40! This past week of traveling, while lots of fun, was exhausting when you add in the fact that I'm in my third trimester and am carrying around what feels like a watermelon in my abdomen. After spending the week together on vacation, T has predicted that baby #3 will come at 35.5 weeks (a bit earlier than I'd like!) based on my general difficulty getting around and overall discomfort. While I'm looking forward to newborn snuggles, I'm most definitely not prepared to bring home a newborn in three weeks! Eek!

Best moments so far:
It was soooo nice to get some fresh air and sunshine this past week in Florida. I enjoyed several slow walks on the beach, and T & I even got to sneak out for a couple of dinners out after the boys went to bed. Thanks Gma J & Gpa T! I'm not sure how many more opportunities we will have for 'date nights' before baby comes, so it was especially nice to be able to enjoy a few hours out sans kiddos while on vacation.

Also exciting, I had an OB checkup this morning, and did not in fact gain 10 lbs while traveling! Ha! Baby checked out fine, and had a heart rate of 160bpm...two weeks ago at my appointment baby's heart rate was just 140bpm, and at every appointment previously was a consistent 150bpm, so a little random that it has been so sporadic lately, but all is still within the normal range. P.S., did I mention that both boys tagged along for my appointment? A real treat to be sure. G was so worried about the fact that I wasn't holding him that he had to stand on a chair next to the table with his hands ON me while my doctor was using the Doppler to find baby's heartbeat. He's going to be just a bundle of fun when new baby arrives and he no longer is the baby of the house!

Maternity clothes:
Yes. My standard uniform is typically some form of black pants/leggings paired with a cami and an open cardigan. 

Sleep: 
Not real great. We slept in a queen sized bed while on vacation last week, and I was constantly being woken up because I was too hot from T's body heat. Happy to be home now and back in our king sized bed with room to breathe! I think at this point in my pregnancy with G, I had started sleeping with a pillow between my knees to ward off hip pain, but so far, I haven't had any serious discomfort to make me want to introduce another pillow at bedtime.

Miss Anything:
Warm weather. Not excited for the week of negative degree temps and snow ahead!

Baby Movement:
Lots! T commented that he thinks this baby is much more active than either C or G were, and I would have to agree.

Cravings and Aversions:
Nothing in particular, but I did enjoy eating lots of fish this last week. Wish I was comfortable cooking it and could get good quality (a.k.a. non-fishy tasting) fish at home! Until then, I'll just be dreaming of my favorite blackened grouper sandwiches, and pecan-crusted snapper. Yum yum yum.

Queasy or sick:
Nope.

Symptoms: 
Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions this week, and overall discomfort. I'm guessing a product of traveling and being much more active than typical.

Looking forward to:
I'm working on planning out a little surprise for the boys from their new sibling when they come to visit at the hospital, and have been brainstorming what to include. So far, this 'big brother' t-shirt is a must-have for when they come to visit, but I'm still contemplating what else to include. I think I'll probably snatch up a couple of books about being a big brother (here & here), and maybe a new toy of some sort and snacks to occupy some time while 'quietly' visiting the OB floor...haha...wishful thinking I'm sure. With baby 3's due date very close to Easter, I don't want to get too carried away and step on the Easter Bunny's toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...