Week 36

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Week 36 an update


How far along: 36 weeks

Best moment this week: 
Knowing that I can now officially stay in town to welcome our newest addition is a pretty big highlight of this week. At today's appointment, baby's heartbeat was 135bpm, head was still down, and my doctor estimated that if baby would be born today, we'd be looking at about a 6.5 lb bundle of love. We can expect baby to gain about 1/2 lb per week from here until delivery, so unless baby comes early, we could be looking at a pretty big baby! If you do the math...and we make it to my due date, that would put baby right around 8.5 lbs. I'm hoping we don't make it quite that far since I just removed tags and washed several newborn sized outfits yesterday! As we enter the last four weeks before baby's arrival (eeek!), I will start weekly OB checkups to keep a close watch on everything happening with our newest little.

Maternity clothes: 
For the most part (above dress). I'm still able to rock my non-maternity elastic waist shorts, but tops are another story!

Sleep: 
Not too bad this week, and I've actually been able to make it through the night without a restroom wakeup call. Is this a product of staying up too late most nights, or baby's position changing...I don't know.

Miss Anything: 
Getting around easily. I'm seriously missing regular exercise. With the weather being crazy hot lately, and my overall uncomfortableness, I haven't been able to get in any reasonable amount of exercise lately. I'm also paranoid about my water breaking when I'm a half hour or more walk from my vehicle plus another half hour minimum from the hospital...assuming I had my 'go bag' packed and ready...which I do not...womp womp.

Baby Movement: 
Still lots of movement this week. I've been fortunate to escape heartburn as baby continues to use my internal organs to practice karate!

Cravings/Aversions: 
Nothing in particular. I made this Baked Honey Berry Oatmeal over the weekend, and I'm planning to mix up these No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars sometime this week, so I guess you might say oatmeal?

Symptoms: 
Pretty standard this week. No contractions and only some minimal round ligament pain, so that is something to be thankful for. My rings have been tighter this week, so maybe a bit of swelling. I'm also feeling quite a bit of abdominal pressure as baby continues to grow and run out of space.

Looking forward to: 
July 4th is this weekend, and it is my favorite holiday. I am excited to bbq, watch fireworks, and celebrate with family and friends. I'm also looking forward to having our last photo shoot as a family of three next week at my maternity photos. I didn't do any official maternity photos with C, but I'm using a different photographer this time around as my current photographer is taking a step back to focus on family. Anyways...part of the new baby bundle is a quick maternity shoot, so look forward to seeing these pics soon! In the meantime...maybe I'll dig up our unofficial maternity pictures (a.k.a. snapped by Mama J) from when we were expecting C!

On my mind:
I really need to get my hospital bag put together, and decide for sure what to pack. I have a short list in mind, but need to get it finalized and decide on a bag. Speaking of bags, I'd LOVE to have this charcoal weekender bag from Birdling Bags for packing myself and two kiddos on all of our upcoming weekend travels after baby arrives. Condensing our gear into a larger bag and cutting down on the 40 bags it seems like we currently travel with would be great, especially since we have not upgraded to a larger vehicle yet, and this bag has awesome reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...