Weeks 26-27

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Weeks 26-27 an update



How far along: 27 weeks

Best moment this week: 
There have been so many wonderful moments from the last couple of weeks while we've been on our last big vacation with C as an only child, that it's hard to know where to begin. Aside from all of the memories of swimming in the pool, playing in the sand, and running on the beach with our fearless little almost 2-year-old (more on this later), one of the most 'non-exciting' moments of the week (but super exciting for me), was getting to drive a Ford Explorer SUV for our rental car. Trying to hoist C into my little Malibu pretty much ends in a concussion for C, and a wrenched out of whack back for me...every.single.time.we.leave.the.house. UGH. Hopefully, with any luck, we will be on the hunt for a new...bigger...car well before baby #2 arrives. 

Maternity clothes: 
Yes. Aside from a few flowy non-maternity dresses, I've been living in maternity dresses for the last week or so. Most of mine have either come from Old Navy or Gap in case you're looking for some good, reasonably priced options. There is something so great about only needing to think about one item of clothing, and then maybe just throwing on some cute shoes, jewelry, or a scarf to go with. #dressesforlife

Sleep: 
About as good as can be expected. I think my sleep was actually better while on vacation! This may be because we spent most of our days outside doing something active, and thus ended up going to bed earlier than typical.

Miss Anything: 
This last week I was missing sushi. There is a great sushi restaurant on the island where we vacation, but we didn't end up making the trip because A.) Pregnant women are not supposed to eat sushi (although I totally would if it was cooked), and B.) I'm not sure that C would understand the concept!

Baby Movement: 
Lots of movement these couple of weeks. Baby must be working on it's leg muscles!

Cravings/Aversions: 
Still craving sweets, but also adding salty to the list this week!

Symptoms: 
I got a taste of what it will be like to be pregnant in the heat of the summer last week while we were in Florida. The weather was sunny and beautiful, in the mid-80s for most of the week. It was wonderful. Buuuuut...I got soooo hot. I could handle the sun for limited amounts of time, like maybe an hour or so at a time, but then had to go in the house to cool off and rehydrate. I've also noticed that lifting heavy objects...aka...C...has become a bit difficult. We stayed on the 3rd floor, and by the time I carried him upstairs from the pool on the ground floor, I was completely out of breath, not to mention that the way he flings around his weight (particularly when he doesn't want to do something), has been pulling at my abdominal muscles in a way that I'm not entirely comfortable with. If only I could figure out the secret for getting a toddler to do what I ask. HAHAHA...

Looking forward to: 
I have that icky thing called a 'glucose test' this week. I've got to say I'm not actually looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to it being over. Fingers are crossed that I pass and don't have to do the three-hour follow up test!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...