Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ahhh....Thanksgiving. As I sit with my morning coffee looking out over the snow covered landscape that makes up my current real life surroundings today (yes...we got snow...again), I can't help but think of all of the wonderful things we have to be thankful for this year. As there are too many to count, I won't list them all here, but right up near the top would be friends and family...both immediate and extended...those we will get to spend time with today, and those we will have to wait until the next holiday rolls around. Wishing you all a wonderful turkey day!


This turkey day could go one of two directions for us. T was on call last night, and didn't get home until nearly 3am. Out the door again by 7:45am after catching a little shut-eye, and back to the grind of rounding on his patients before being able to start enjoying the day. C, on the other hand, is smack in the middle of a growth spurt, and has been sleeping a TON this week. Last night, he was ready for bed at 7:30, and he's been sleeping thru until 10am the last couple of mornings with a couple of long naps throughout the day. Hence...I'm guessing that between the two of them, we are destined for a meltdown at some point throughout the day due to a need for sleep and way to much going on to get it! In the meantime, it's a good thing I'm having my morning cup of joe now, because C is a bit of a mama's boy, and there's no telling how much relaxation or enjoyment I will actually get to have later today. For now...I'm going to start off with the Macy's Day Parade, work on my Christmas & Black Friday shopping list, and hope for the best! Let the festivities begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...