Week 36

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Week 36 | an update



How far along: 36 weeks. Eeeek! Only 4 more weeks to go!!

Best moment this week: Finally bit the bullet and ordered curtains, a quilt, and matching pillow for Baby W's nursery. No going back now! They arrived on Monday (LOVE), and now I'm just waiting for T to tell me he is ready to help hang yet another curtain rod.


Not baby related you ask? Our new dining room chairs arrived. Woot woot! T & I don't know what to do now that we can actually sit down at a table together for a meal at home instead of eating at the kitchen bar. We are still playing musical chairs to decide where we like to sit, but I'm sure we'll have that figured out in no time. In other news...I'm pretty sure we collect more cardboard than the recycling center.


Another exciting moment? T planted some kale seeds last week after our trip to the local greenhouse. He was soooooo proud when after only 2 days they had sprouted up already. He has been watching them like a hawk, and can hardly wait until the weather warms up enough to transfer them to a container outside and watch them grow. He's convinced that if all of his patients would just eat more kale, then he wouldn't be seeing most of them. I'm not sure about that, but kale does offer quite a few health benefits. Meanwhile, I found a new kale citrus salad recipe over the weekend that I'm looking forward to trying out.


Worst moment this week: I checked up on the status of a couple armchairs we ordered waaaaay back in February from Pottery Barn for our main living space. They originally were supposed to ship the first week of June...now, however, the estimated shipping date is pushed all the way back to mid-August. SO FRUSTRATING! So much for that 3-week quick shipping they were supposed to have. UGH.

Things I miss: A normal sleeping situation. This week, assuming we're on track, baby should be weighing about 6-ish pounds. The most comfortable sleep position would be on my back, however, that is against the rules, and side sleeping is highly recommended to prevent too much pressure on the placenta and umbilical cord carrying blood and oxygen to baby. I'm usually a side sleeper anyways, but when Baby W's weight is all shifted to the side, it's like trying to sleep with a bowling ball attached, a.k.a. not very comfortable. Much to T's chagrin, I've had to add a pillow for some extra support, and our individual sleeping space has been cut even smaller.

Maternity clothes: Yes. The weather is finally starting to be warmer, and I've been loving wearing some of my maxi skirts and dresses. Above skirt (Motherhood), cami (Target), cardigan (Old Navy).

Sleep: Seems to be a little better with the new addition of the pillow. 

Movement: Still plenty of movement, generally late at night.

Food Cravings: Hoping to get some grilling in with this warm weather! Also...fruit and sweets as per usual.

Food Aversions: Nope.

Queasy or sick: Nothing to report here.

Belly button in or out: Out.

Rings on or off: Wedding rings still on.

Looking forward to: Seeing the new look of the nursery after we get curtains hung and some of the bedding put on. Still trying to lock in an accent color to use, so hopefully will get that figured out soon.

I'm also waiting to see if T has anything cooked up for Mother's Day this weekend. Knowing him, this has a highly unlikely probability, but I'm hoping at the very least that he is thinking about our upcoming 2-year anniversary and the fact that I will be delivering his baby sometime in the next month (Is a new mama present too much to ask for from a hubby? No. I didn't think so. Glad we agree.) And yes, T, in case you are reading this, I have already thought ahead and have some great surprises headed your way for these upcoming milestones. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...