Week 35

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Week 35 | an update


How far along: 35 weeks. Not too much longer now!

Best moment this week: Hearing at my OB checkup this week that 'You don't have a very big baby'. This was a HUGE RELIEF as T has been telling me that he thinks Baby W is going to be around 10 lbs. at birth. T thinks he is soooo tricky sometimes. It was super comforting to hear that my doctor is guessing Baby W to be about 5 lbs. currently (rough estimate, not based on an ultrasound, so this could be off some). For anyone wondering, this is about just exactly where the baby should be weight wise at this point of the ballgame. If the baby grows at the typical pace (about 1/2 lb per week) between now and my due date, we should be looking at somewhere closer to 7.5-8.5 lbs. Whew!


In other news, our nursery furniture came!! WooooHooo! We ordered it waaaaaay back in early February, so it is so wonderful to finally see it set up in Baby W's room. T busted out his newly acquired handyman skills over the weekend and helped to put the crib together, so now all we need is the rest of the decor and accessories to make it feel a little more personal.


T: 'You should take a picture of me being handy'

I spent what feels like the eternity yesterday searching endlessly for a plain white pleated crib skirt...something you'd think would be available in abundance, but as it turns out is incredibly difficult to track down. Eventually, I did find one at Bloomingdale's (on sale!!), and it should be arriving sometime next week. As for the rest of the room...it's all pretty white at this point, but will likely be getting some splashes of color in the next few weeks. Nothing too bright or 'kid-like'. I'm more into peaceful surroundings that will easily blend in with the rest of our home since the nursery door is just off our main living area, and I've never really cared for all the kid-patterned fabrics out there. Don't get me wrong, I love a great patterned fabric, but the the rocking horses, hearts, camo, princesses, trucks, etc that seem to be splashed across most nursery bedding sets these days are just not for me.



Worst moment this week: Nothing too bad this week. I was a little disappointed after I suggested to T that maybe we should take a road trip to Iowa City this coming weekend to visit a couple of our brothers and hit up some of our favorite haunts. Unfortunately, he says IC is too far for me to be traveling this close to Baby W's arrival :( I guess we'll have to wait until later this summer or fall for that road trip.

Things I miss: Warm weather and sunshine. It has been cold and rainy for the last several days. The lake was in serious need of some rain, so from that standpoint it is all good, but my doctor wants me to get at least 3 days of exercise per week, and that is very difficult when I can't walk outside.

Maternity clothes: Yes. No going back now! Sweater and leggings (Motherhood).

Sleep: Still decent, although I've been getting pretty hot at night lately.

Movement: Yes, although have noticed more periods of rest this week. Baby W is still a little night owl though, and tends to be pretty active just as I am going to bed.


Food Cravings: Fruit and sweets. Same story here. I made the most delicious strawberry shortcake over the weekend to help satisfy this craving (no, nothing fancy, just the recipe off the Bisquick box). T is now convinced we need to have it on a weekly basis. Looks like I'm not the only one in this house with a sweet tooth! Last night he thought he needed scotcheroos, but so far, I haven't caved...yet. 

Food Aversions: Nothing to report here.

Queasy or sick: Nope.

Belly button in or out: Out.

Rings on or off: Still rocking my wedding rings, but decided to take off the right hand rings until baby arrives. 

Looking forward to: Our childbirth and parenting class starts next week. I'm excited because it'll be nice to meet some other mama's to be (we don't know anyone with kids in our area), and hopefully learn a thing or two as well. The class is a little long and drawn out (4 weeks!), so we may not make it all the way through, but it'll be nice to get a sneak peak of the OB floor where Baby W will arrive (T says not to get too excited as it is in serious need of a remodel), and meet some of the OB staff face-to-face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...