Week 34

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Week 34 | an update


How far along: 34 weeks. Only 6 more to go! T says this is a big milestone as Baby W would not need to have additional steroids if born this week. WooHoo! I'm hoping for at least 2 more weeks so that we wouldn't need to be transferred to Sioux Falls and spend time in the NICU if baby decided to come early.

Best moment this week: Many great moments this week. Ranking pretty high up the list was getting in some snuggle time with Baby Jake. T & I both got a chance for some quality aunt and uncle bonding, and agree it was one of the best parts of our trip back to my hometown. T says he just can't wait until our little bundle of love is here for some snuggle time with Baby W, and I've got to say I agree. This cantaloupe I'm carrying around is not making anything particularly comfortable or easy this week.

Another highlight of the weekend was celebrating my youngest brother T's 17th birthday, and my Grandma's 75th. This meant homemade strawberry pie and DQ ice cream cake which really hit the spot. Easter dinner, my mom's famous homemade buns, and ribeye steaks on the grill didn't hurt either.

Last, but not least, T & I snuck away for a few hours on Saturday for a quick road trip to Des Moines to purchase curtains and window hardware for our main living space. T helped to get the blinds hung up (which he is supremely proud of, and is probably the most time he has spent playing 'handyman' in his life), and I'm on the lookout for a seamstress in the lakes area to hem the new curtains so they are the correct length. Can't wait to see the whole look come together! 

Worst moment this week: Nothing too terrible to report here. After getting our curtain hardware out of the boxes, we realized we didn't get the finials while we were in Des Moines, which means it'll be another week or so before the look can come together.

Things I miss: Energy. 3 or 4 o'clock rolls around, and I am ready for nap time. 

Maternity clothes: Yes. Above dress (Old Navy) scarf (Francesca's).

Sleep: Good until I have to turn over...which is pretty frequently throughout the night to stay comfortable.

Movement: Still pretty active this week. Especially right when I want to go to bed around midnight. Baby W had the hiccups over the weekend which was kind of a funny sensation with a little jolt of movement during each hiccup. Luckily, this did not go on for the entire night.

Food Cravings: Fruit. Sweets were pretty high up there this week to, and I may have enjoyed more than I should have between the birthday and Easter celebrations we were part of over the weekend. Oops!

Food Aversions: Nothing to report here.

Queasy or sick: Nope.

Belly button in or out: Out.

Rings on or off: On, but fingers are pretty swollen.

Looking forward to: Our nursery furniture and dining room table are being delivered this week. Can't hardly wait! Hopefully this will help me to make a decision on the rest of the missing decor for Baby W's new room. On another note, the dining room chairs that are on backorder got pushed back another couple of weeks, so won't be here until early May. Someday it will come together...

AN UPDATE FROM MY CAMERA ROLL...


Friday night shenanigans with the fam. Mama J surprised T with a case of Spotted Cow straight from Wisconsin. Definitely a highlight of the evening, and wish I could have enjoyed one myself!


A little birthday celebration for my youngest brother T who turned the big 17.


This little guy may have stolen the show.


All of the Nielsen men. Pretty handsome group!


Another birthday celebration for my Grandma's 75th! Also T & H's 1 year anniversary! Congrats!


Quality snuggle time with Aunt N.


Uncle T had so much fun getting in some cuddle time too.


Papa T just loves playing with Baby Jake.


The boys took to the course to get in some golfing over the weekend. T is now fully convinced he needs new irons after we stopped at Golf Galaxy in Des Moines on Saturday for him to test some out. I reminded him that with Baby W around this summer, he may not find himself on the greens as much as he did last summer, but maybe this could be a good birthday idea after he has a chance to go back and get properly fitted. 



It was such a beautiful day, that I even tagged along for the golf cart ride and some fresh air :)


Celebrating in style with a DQ ice cream cake. It's a good thing T & I have no room for one of these delicacies in our freezer. Sooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...