Week 26

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week 26 | an update


How far along: 26 weeks

Best moment this week: I got to enjoy a couple of long walks outside this week when the temps warmed up for a couple of days all the way to 50 degrees!

Worst moment this week: Shoveling. After said warm-up, we then had a blizzard that loaded up our driveway with about 4 inches of snow. I told T that I will not be shoveling again...like ever...(meanwhile, he seems to have forgotten what a shovel looks like). The snow this time was far too heavy and icy beneath for me to consider it a safe activity. While T agreed, he still hasn't hopped on board the 'I'll shovel next time' train...

Things I miss: Warm weather. Seriously. This week is supposed to hover around 0 degrees with negative temps again for the lows. EVERY. DAY. THIS. WEEK.

Maternity clothes: Yes. Above top from Target, scarf from Kohls, leggings from Motherhood Maternity. One of my favorite outfits so far :)

Sleep: Not to bad, except for a couple nights I had serious acid reflux issues.

Movement: LOTS of movement this week. Papa T has been impressed with the strength of Baby W's kicking. 

Food Cravings: Cheeseburger. Sweets. Fruit. I think all the movement is making baby hungry, because Mama N definitely has a bigger appetite this week.

Food Aversions: Nothing this week.

Queasy or sick: Had a couple of nights with horrible acid reflux this week. Luckily, it hasn't been every night, so hoping this doesn't become an ongoing issue.

Belly button in or out: Mostly flat. A little out near the top.

Rings on or off: On. So far, any swelling I've had seems to be directly related to how much sodium has been in the foods I'm eating. This has always been an issue for me, so I typically try to avoid or limit super salty foods, and prefer to go light on the salt in my own cooking adding any additional seasoning later if it needs any.

Not looking forward to: Glucose test and getting more blood drawn at this week's OB appointment. Yuck. Last time I had blood drawn I had a giant bruise on my arm for almost 3 weeks.

Looking forward to: Possibly getting to meet Baby N someday very soon!!! My sister-in-law H has been dealing with some blood pressure issues, and we are all patiently waiting super excited about the possibility of meeting baby N sooner than expected if her doctor decides to induce early. Non baby-related...new couch and chairs show up tomorrow!! Yeaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...