Week 24

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Week 24 | an update


How far along: 24 weeks

Best moment this week: Trip to Iowa City with the family to cheer for the Hawks as they took on Michigan at Carver Hawkeye Arena. Also had so much fun hitting up some of our favorite IC haunts and meeting up with friends and family we don't get to see too often. Baby related - we ordered our nursery furniture!! Sooo exciting. It'll be here in 4-6 weeks.

Worst moment this week: T hasn't been sleeping the greatest (read: talking in his sleep), and sometime in the middle of Sunday night he grabbed me and picked me up - rudely interrupting my peaceful sleep. I am hoping whatever nightmare he was having he was trying to rescue me rather than try to toss me overboard. As usual, he had no recollection of this incident the next morning. Hopefully Baby W will take after Mama W instead of Papa W when it comes to sleep patterns. On a related note, not a chance Baby W will be sleeping in the same bed as T & I. Who knows what T might do then!

Things I miss: Slip on shoes. Last night the windchill in our part of the state was a balmy -38. As Baby W continues to grow, bending over to tie my winter boots or shoes is becoming more difficult, and I long for warmer days and the ease of ballet flats and flip flops.

Maternity clothes: Yep! Above pants and top are from Gap. Highly recommend Gap Maternity yoga pants if you are in the market.

Sleep: Pretty good, except for the incident described above.

Movement: Yes. Many little kicks, mostly in the late evening this week.

Food Cravings: Salad, although maybe that is just because I got to enjoy my two most favorite salads over the weekend - Buffalo Chicken Salad at Atlas in Iowa City, and BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad at Cheesecake Factory in Des Moines on the way home. Also very much enjoyed the oatmeal monster bars and puppy chow my mom provided for the gang over the weekend.

Food Aversions: Nothing this week.

Queasy or sick: No. Mostly over my cold from last week.

Belly button in or out: Still relatively flat, although starting to make it's way out.

Rings on or off: On for now, but my fingers seem to be a little more swollen this week.

Looking forward to: Valentine's Day of course :) I love a good reason to get dolled up. T & I don't currently have anything planned, but hopefully we'll at the very least get a chance to go out for a nice dinner date.

IN OTHER NEWS...


The entire Nielsen clan enjoyed catching a game at Carver Hawkeye Arena over the weekend as the Hawks took on Michigan. Iowa was the underdog going into the game, and we ended up beating the Wolverines by almost 20 points. Great game!


T & I cheering for the Hawks.


My brother T and sister-in-law H sat with us at the game. Probably not too many more road trips for these two before Baby N makes his appearance!

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...