The Regatta

Monday, August 26, 2013

The Regatta came to town. Can't tell you how much fun it was to watch the races.


The 'A' boats had never sailed Okoboji, so when they rolled in on trailers at a full 38 feet long, we knew we were in for a treat. These babies needed 5-7 man crews just to keep them going! 


By the way...I think these photos turned out pretty spectacular. I haven't edited them at all yet. I think they have a kind of cool vintage feel to the colors. I'm contemplating ordering a few on canvas for our new house. T, meanwhile, is adamant that he take sailing lessons. Maybe next summer...


The family also came to town...minus T, who disappeared for a weekend of shenanigans in Denver at a bachelor party for a close friend whose wedding is right around the corner. The rest of us had fun boating and relaxing at the lake while celebrating my Dad's birthday weekend.


We even got him to take us out in the new boat to watch fireworks!! If you know my padre, going in the boat to watch fireworks NEVER happens, so this is a very big deal. We missed the Josh Turner concert (partly thanks to an unexpected DNR stop on the way to the park - Always double check to make sure the docking lights are off!), but ended up being in a PRIME spot for the light show. FUN!


Me and my family! So fun to all be together at the lake!


Last, but not least, the whole fam. Reunited for the first time all together since April. This one's for you mom! 

What have you been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...